On your arrival at the Practice, we will ask you to update your medical history and discuss any concerns you may have about your teeth and gums. We will then thoroughly examine the health of your mouth, including teeth, gums, tongue and other soft tissues.
X-rays will normally be taken to check for any problems with your existing fillings, teeth and their supporting tissues, which cannot be seen by a visual examination.
This is what we do at our examinations:
- Update medical history;
- Ask you about any concerns you may have;
- Oral Cancer screening of your soft tissues (Tongue/Lips/Cheeks);
- Check the health of the teeth;
- Check the health of any restorations;
- Check the health of the gums;
- Plaque check;
- X-rays to detect any issues under, inside and between the teeth, that may not be visible to the eye; and
- Treatment plan and dental health advice when necessary.